Groups4Schools integrates video, voice, chat, application sharing and white boarding into typically static, text-based online classes, group work or the traditional classroom to enhance the learning experience through greater collaboration and interaction.
By adding real-time communication and multimedia tools to a rich learning environment teachers and students have a safe “virtual venue” in which they can improve student achievement and address multiple learning styles.
Teachers - What does your classroom look like?
Groups4Schools offers more than what the physical classroom can offer – wherever the lesson takes place,
• Teachers and students utilize lectures and discussions to extend the learning continuum and optimize student achievement with MP4 files.
• Imagine students being able to use a whiteboard in ad-hoc learning sessions, group study sessions, for tutoring, or even in hallway conversations.
Groups4Schools solutions allow each student in online, blended and traditional classes to:
• research topics and share online
• download coursework and reference materials,
• log on to real-time classes and lectures,
• collaborate with teachers and peers for tutoring and individualized or group study,
• work in teams with others
• submit assignments using voice and conferencing technology,
• compare, interpret, discuss and collaborate via chat technology,
• and apply critical thinking skills.
For teachers Groups4Schools supports:
• virtual classes and office hours
• professional development
• the ability to bring alternative content into the classroom to enrich and enhance learning objectives
• the ability to deliver content outside the classroom, extending reach both intra- and inter-district
• multimodal delivery to address diverse learning styles
• learning approaches that facilitate cooperative learning, problem-based learning and the use of case methods and simulations
• virtual parent-teacher conferences and office hours
• accelerated, more efficient interactions with administrators, teachers, parents or students on an unplanned or scheduled basis
For administrators Groups4Schools supports:
• remote meetings
• more effective meetings through the use of audio and web technologies that offer a rich context for enhanced communications
• the ability to host sessions with teachers, staff, parents and other stakeholders
• the ability to release consistent important messages to large dispersed groups in a timely fashion
• in selected schools, multi-disciplinary meetings with individualized education plans for special-ed and at-risk children.
For students Groups4Schools supports:
• access – learners gain more timely access to resources that are outside the classroom.
• collaboration in shared classrooms and group projects
• home access and alternative access to missed class work or assignments and makeup sessions
Groups4Schools is designed specifically for educational use and provides a secure environment that Group administrators control.